Learning Support Assistant & Lunchtime Supervisor
Closing Date: Friday 08 Jun 2018 (Noon)
Job Start Date: Sep 2018
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term – Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Hours of Work: 8.45am – 1pm
Location of Role: Wellow School
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our team.
The LSA team at Wellow School is highly skilled, dedicated and has a great sense of humour, so the successful candidate will have plenty of support in a happy environment.
The successful candidate will;
• Have experience of working with children in the primary age group
• Have good standard of written and spoken English and good understanding and application of Maths. (GCSE grade C/equivalent or above)
• Have a desire to work as part of a team and have good interpersonal skills
• Be able to support children in the learning process and enable them to be independent
• Be able to work effectively with children either individually or in small groups to enable them to achieve their best
• Have enthusiasm and creativity to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
• Be willing to “go the extra mile” in any respect to achieve the very best outcomes for the children in our care.
• Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and able to use their initiative;
• Be organised, efficient and professional in their approach;
• Be caring, understanding and patient
At Wellow School there is also an expectation that LSAs also undertake lunchtime supervision duties between 12-1pm.
Visits to the school are welcome, by prior arrangement.
Electronic applications should be emailed to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellow School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.